Sunday, June 26, 2016

Last Act

                   
I wait for the curtains to come down..
Have told the director about my last act.
I do not need direction,I can not act!

Act hungry -I am not.
Act needy -Never was.
Act like somebody,
I can never be.

Give the teleprompter a break
Prompt me not, cues you forget.
Now I mouth my own lines,
Glad I pen those just great!

When I am the spot beneath the light,
I fail to see you my audience.
I back my steps  into the dark,
for that is my spot and I see you stark!

No longer can wait, with a painted face 
In the green room ,for my turn on stage
To remove the mask,to end the role play,
I have to move now,I have to act !
                                   ~Sharmila~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...